BREAKING: At least 36 people were killed and 147 more were injured when three suspected ISIS suicide bombers attacked Istanbul's main international airport Tuesday night, Turkish officials said.
Prime Minister Binali Yildirim confirmed the death toll from the blasts at Istanbul Ataturk Airport. Earlier, Justice Minister Bekir Bozdag confirmed that 147 people had been wounded in the attacks.
The Associated Press initially quoted a senior Turkish official as saying that close to 50 people had already died. However, the news agency later said that the official told them the figure was expected to rise to close to 50.
A Turkish official told Reuters that the "vast majority" of victims were Turkish, but some foreigners were also affected.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility, but the same senior Turkish official told AP that initial indications suggested ISIS were behind the attack. According to Reuters, a police source also told the Dogan News Agency, "ISIS is behind the attack."
"The findings of our security forces point at the Daesh organization as the perpetrators of this terror attack," Yildirim told reporters at the airport, using the Arabic name for ISIS. "Even though the indications suggest Daesh, our investigations are continuing."